Also known as eSafety Check, a pink slip inspection ensures that cars more than five years old are considered safe to drive under NSW law. Furthermore, it is a requirement in New South Wales that vehicles five or more years old are inspected and a report issued. If your vehicle passes the inspection, your mechanic will give you what is traditionally known as a pink slip for certifying that the car is in good working order and is safe to drive. Besides, you can find numerous companies offering pink slip inspection services in Summer Hill.
Furthermore, the pink slip inspection needs to be undertaken by an experienced and certified mechanic, however, it is always important for you to ensure that your vehicle maintains the minimum safety. Read on to find out five things to check before taking your car for pink slip inspection.
- Rust- It goes without saying, that a vehicle that contains rust may cause bigger issues, and not pass the pink slip inspection. Furthermore, you can see if the vehicle has any substantial rust by looking for signs of bubbles in the paint or breaks in the surface. In addition, make sure you check for any visual leaks in the vehicle, including radiator or oil leaks, as well as exhaust system leaks.
- Check seat belts- Before taking your vehicle for a pink slip inspection, make sure you check whether the seat belts are working properly. Furthermore, when inspecting your seat belts, make sure you properly check the retractor, seat belt lock, anchor points and look for any wearing or fraying.
- Cracks in the windshield- In addition to checking the seat belts, make sure you also find out whether there are any cracks in the windshield. Furthermore, if the size of crack in the windshield is more than 7cm, make sure you replace the windscreen before taking your car for pink slip inspection.
- Check the lights- All lights, including headlights, brake lights as well as reverse lights are to be in complete working order. Furthermore, the easiest way to check these is to have someone outside the car to check while you test. In addition, make sure you check whether all the tyres have at least 1.5mm tread depth remaining in them.
- Doors- Last but certainly not the least, is making sure that all doors are working in every aspect from operating door controls, ability to open and close securely from the inside and outside as well as ability to lock and unlock.
While these were some of the things that you need to check before taking your car for pink slip inspection in Summer Hill, there are many others, such as horn, hand break among many others.